This week, the American Farm Bureau Federation, unveiled its new Rural Entrepreneurship Initiative (REI) website: www.strongruralamerica.com. The REI is a joint initiative of the American Farm Bureau Federation (AFBF) and the Global Social Enterprise Initiative and Startup Hoyas at Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business. The Rural Entrepreneurship Initiative is directly tied to AFBF’s mission of building strong and prosperous agricultural communities. The Center for Rural Entrepreneurship and EntreWorks Consulting are also supporting this effort.
The website is part of larger campaign to promote rural entrepreneurship and to provide a host of tools and support resources for rural entrepreneurs. These plans include the Rural Entrepreneurship Challenge, a nationwide business competition for rural entrepreneurs, and a series of webinars on key topics of interest to rural business owners. Scheduled webinar topics include:
• Introducing AFBF’s Rural Entrepreneurship Initiative on Tuesday, July 29 at 3:00 p.m. Eastern
• Finding and Using Business Information on Tuesday, Aug. 26 at 3:00 p.m. Eastern
• Telling Your Business Story on Tuesday, Sept. 23 at 3:00 p.m. Eastern
• Finding Money To Grow on Tuesday, Oct. 28 at 3:00 p.m. Eastern
• Finding and Keeping Talent on Tuesday, Dec. 2 at 3:00 p.m. Eastern